Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan 10th-16th.

For some reason this week was crazy..  My son went in for eye surgery, I was a little stressed. That day I think the only thing I had was a Mocha from Star bucks in the CHEO cafeteria.  900000 calories..  And only $23 dollars plus tax.

The following day after my son's surgery, I decided to take him out to were ever he wanted to eat.. guess what he chose.  Yup McDonald's... great.. So I had a #1 Big Mac Trio, pulled out my trustee Ipod and opened up my calorie Diary, holy crap 920 calories for the mac and fries alone!!   After our lunch I felt like Shit, my body was saying what the hell is this stuff? 

I made up for it when I got home I did 2 sessions of EA Active Sports 2 and burnt close to 600 Calories.  That took me an hour and a half to do, imagine it takes 5 minutes to eat 1000 calories and it takes you well over an hour to burn it off.. Doesn't sound like fun at all, another thing to look at when trying to loose weight.

For those of you that wonder, yes I do "Cheat" and when I do I try not to over do it. I am not in starvation mode or deprive myself of food.  The ideal way for me to loose my weight was 6 days of Calorie reduction, the norm for a male is just around the 2000 calories a day mark.  When you eat healthy that's a hell of a lot of food!  You won't starve!  During those 6 days Mon-Sat I would eat around the 1600 calorie mark, cutting my intake from god knows what when I was fat. The Sunday was a "Cheat" Day, I would head to Subway and get a 12 inch Veggie sub on whole weat with Cheese and Mayo. That was my big treat for the week, after all it does take around 3500 Calories to take on a pound or 3500 burnt calories to take off a pound.

Back to food and exercise. One thing that I found while training for my 5K was.. I was loosing weight, lots of it. You burn so many calories that your body can't keep up. At one point I was down to 146lbs, yay but really?  I looked like a twig and I could play the xylophone on my ribs. So in the end I had to bump up your calories abit, make sure you eat the good calories and not the bad ones from chips and chocolate bars. I would eat more protein bars and protein shakes.

I have slowed down abit with running as it's freezing outside, I don't even want to do a 1km. I have the proper gear and I will run one of these days outside.   When I go to Catherine's I bring my gear with me and try to get a 5K run on her treadmill, so that helps me out. I will eventually buy a treadmill, the problem is for my usage I need an expensive one, not these Canadian tire 1.5hp ones.. I need around 2.5CHP and a big running deck.

I never thought running could be so much fun! It's a drug! An addiction, "What do you feel like doing today? Oh I don't know lets go for a run!" Yes I have traded beer in for running.. Pretty crazy!!!!


The week ended pretty good, with some Skating on the Canal with Catherine and the 2 boys, followed by some tobogganing on the Sunday! We had lots of freash air and lots of calories burnt off.  Of course the Saturday we had to have some Beaver tails and Hot Chocolate!!!  Less then 300 calories!! 

My weekly weigh in this morning, I'm still hovering around the 159lb mark.. So Far I am conistant and only gained 1lb since March 15th 2010!

What will this week bring? Who knows!

1 comment:

  1. Great Tony, Trying to take on my new weight loss program is still in the making. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete