Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lack of running. Winter in Buckingham is not Runner friendly.

Saturday I ended up taking Jeremy and Aaron to the museum of nature for the afternoon. I haven't been there since about 86'. What a place! So much to see and do it can easily take you a full day to tour the whole thing! Saturday night we ended up having a BBQ at Catherine's place, she made a plate full of veggies and some homemade burgers. I can't remember the last time I took in over 1500 calories during a supper. I flat out pigged out! Those burgers were so good that I had a 2nd one, of course I lost sence of everything, that I inhaled them so fast that my stomach didn't have time to tell my brain that it was full! Dessert was amazing as well, freash and hot out of the oven low fat brownies with some ice cream!! Catherine came down with some presents to celebrate valentines day, yes I got some chocolate!! I think I ate around 3000 calories inbetween 6pm and 8pm.. I felt like a beached whale back at my old weight of 210lbs. Whatever right? As I told my buddy Kevin you have to eat "junk" once in awhile. So that was my big cheat day for the month!! That's the beauty of being at my ideal weight and having Control over what goes in my mouth. I don't crave junk as much as I used too! During the week I made up for it by eating alot of healthy things like garden salade, green beans, corn niblets etc..

My exercise during the week was very limited, so I did some EA Tuesday night and burnt off around 100 calories.  There is a problem with the stats so I won't be doing EA until my calander says I have a free day which is the 2nd week of March.   This was my week with Jeremy so we played about an hour and a half of out door hockey on the 14th. It was fun and Jeremy had a blast!!!

Tomorrow is another day, well it's my CDO. So my plan is to drop off Jeremy at school and go for a short 5km run around 7:30-8am and then head up to Catherines and spend the day shopping with her. So I'll be burining tons of calories walking around those out door malls!  I really need to get a treadmill so I can exercise all the time during the winter and when I have Jeremy. I have been keeping my eye open for one at Costco that never goes on sale! This thing can keep up too my demands as a runner.Here are the stats,  The ifit sysyem is incredible! You hook up your laptop to the treadmill and punch in a route anywhere in the world using google maps and the treadmill will adjust to the inclines of the route, how amazing is that????

20 in. x 60 in. quiet treadbelt
2.5 CHP Mach Z™ commercial drive motor
0 – 19 km/h (0 – 12 mph) QuickSpeed™ control
0% to 10% QuickStep™ Incline™ control
Grafixx™ LCD display
10 performance workouts
6 weight-loss workouts
iFit® Live (requires iFit® Live module, sold separately)
Intermix Acoustic™ 2.0 sound system via an audio cable (included)
MP3 and iPod®* compatible audio
ProShox™ cushioning
Hand grip EKG™ heart rate monitor
147.4 kg (325 lb.) weight capacity

So basically I think I'll save some money everyweek and eventually buy this treadmill just before winter. That way I'll be set up to run anytime I like.

I can't remember if I talked about this in my last post but my week at the Chateau Laurier I suffered my first sports injury from running. I did some research yesterday on my black toenail,yup it's from Running, The cause old running shoes and friction in the socks causing your toenail to lift off of the skin ever so slightly to cause a blood blister. Well my shoes I was running in were a year old, less then 500km's on them so it's time to look for another pair tomorrow with the upcoming running season around the corner!

10K run for Ottawa Race weekend in May, the Spartan Run in July check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGij4JkEiKU&feature=related , and potentially a half marathon for the army run in September. These are the ones that I have slated for the 2011 season with possibly more to come!!


I'm a month away from my one year anniversary of being at my ideal "Normal weght and BMI of 158lbs.. Right now I am under that, so I must be doing something right along the lines of food and exercise.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment